Thursday 6 January 2011

The D Word

And no Dolly Parton, I don’t mean divorce.

Diet. Oh yes. The new year is here and guess what my resolution is?
So a good three years trying to persuade myself and everyone around me that it’s ok not to be a size 10 and under, has failed.
I give up. The worlds opinion on attractive is skinny, no matter how many magazines, blogs or television shows try to tell me otherwise, curves are for cola bottles.  
True I’d rather be Nigella Lawson than Gillian McKeith, but neither seems a likely comparison at the minute.  So I’ll simply be aiming for the size 10 version of me (so what if the last time I was a size 10 I was probably about 13?!)
It won’t happen, obviously. But I’d like to think of myself fitting in to my new life a little bit more comfortably, (please excuse the pun), and I cant help but feel that it wont matter where my clothes are from as long as they are being worn by someone who is the 'right' size. Quite frankly, I’m also fed up of a certain someone teasing that my legs are better suited for the Kentucky derby than any female – definitely not a compliment.
Anyway, hopefully by my birthday, March 29th, hint-hint, I’ll be buying a whole new wardrobe with the b-day money to fit my new physique, and if you see me drinking on a night out, feel free to gently remind me that there are calories in Bacardi and lemonade?

No comments:

Post a Comment